- Cutting-edge knowledge for a fair price studying in Hungary is a good investment.
- A European degree is the key to global job markets get it in Hungary!
- Hungary is a hub for big international companies and start-ups connected to universities the perfect place to see things in practice and build your network.
- Whether you study IT, music, engineering, economics or agriculture, choosing Hungary is a great decision - the land where traditionally high requirements meet new ideas.
- Budapest is the 8th most popular Erasmus destination the place to be, the place to study.
The application period of Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for 2017-2018 got started! Students from nearly 50 countries can apply for the scholarship funded by Hungarian government by the 5th of March. Click here for the call, and here for the application system. We also prepared an infographic which may be useful to get the logic of the process, find it here!
"Studying in Hungary is a good choice considering its central location in Europe, thanks to which it is easy to travel around the continent. (Erká, Mongolia)
Education, careers and networking go hand in hand
- Hungarian higher education has been a home of academic excellence for more than 600 years. Today, there are 66 higher education institutions in Hungary, ranging from small universities of applied sciences to top research universities.
- Students can receive valuable knowledge from highly qualified and well-prepared teachers.
- More than 35 Hungarian higher education institutions offer academic programmes in foreign languages 550 courses at the latest count.
- Hungarians have always been good at music (from Liszt and Kodály to the Budapest Festival Orchestra) and have deep roots in medicine (think of Semmelweis), while today the capital is one of the most vibrant startup scenes, fuelled by companies like Prezi and Logmein.
- Hungary is proud to be in the top 20 of countries with the highest number of Nobel Prize Winners per capita.
- Thanks to the wide range of international student networks, you will never be alone here.
The degree structure of tertiary education is based on three cycles. Nearly all study fields lead first to a Bachelors degree (usually 3 years), and after a further study period to a Masters degree (2 years). However, there are some exceptions: medicine, pharmacy, dental and veterinary studies, architecture, law, teacher training, and certain arts-, crafts- and design-related study programmes, which retain a long single-cycle structure of 5 or 6 years of study. A four-year doctoral programme is a post-graduate course to follow any Masters or equivalent qualification.
The European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) is the only existing credit system in Hungary, ensuring transparency of the learning, teaching and assessment processes by facilitating the recognition of learning achievements and qualifications in many countries throughout the European Higher Education Area.
Scholarships for foreign students
Study in Hungary with the best scholarships from Bachelor to Doctoral level:
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships
The programme is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and the partner countrys ministry responsible for higher education. More than 50 partner countries are involved and thousands of students from all around the world apply to study in Hungary each year.
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for bachelor, master, one-tier master, doctoral and non-degree programmes (preparatory and specialisation courses). Both full time and part time study modes are available in case of bachelor, master, one-tier master and doctoral studies.
The Programme is based on effective bilateral educational cooperation agreements between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and the partners Ministry responsible for higher education. Applications will be considered eligible if the applicant is nominated by the responsible authorities of the sending partner. .
Erasmus+ is the European Unions programme for education, training, youth and sport which provides opportunities for over 4 million Europeans to study, train, gain work experience and volunteer abroad. Erasmus+ helps organise student and doctoral candidate exchanges within and to and from .
- CEEPUS the perfect choice for studying in Central Europe
- EEA Grants the bridge to Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway
- Bilateral state scholarships broaden your chances and look for special scholarships
Study English language preparation courses in Hungary
Being in Hungary is fun
- The cultural life of Hungary is very diverse and its many festivals attract world-famous artists in every branch of the arts.
- Hungary has a super vibrant youth life with a lot of fun activities in and outside each campus, including the trendy escape room games and the famous ruin pubs it is pretty easy to socialise and to find new friends from all over the world.
- Hungary is a great place to discover, with lots of World Heritage sites such as the Banks of the Danube, the Tokaj Wine region, Buda Castle Quarter and Hortobágy National Park.
- Hungary is a world leader in medicinal spas, with over 400 hot springs you will get addicted to the feeling.
"The positive energy of Hungarians surrounds me everywhere. I feel so motivated every day when I get up, look forward to the day and feel content when I go to bed. (Ambuj, India)